DC Shoes is a well-known brand in the United States that produces skateboarding and skiing footwear, as well as clothes, luggage, and accessories. Headquartered in Huntington Beach, California, the company was founded in 1993 by Ken Block and Damon Way.
Although not as popular as before, did you know that since its founding, DC has always been one of the most successful skating companies in the world, valued at billions of dollars? That is enough to understand how DC affects skateboards and sneakers in general.
If you’re in a shoe store and want to purchase the perfect pair of DC shoes, it’s easy to become confused while looking at the chart because it has so many different sizes. Please don’t worry; we’ve got you covered with this helpful tool. With this chart of DC shoe size conversions, you’ll know precisely what size shoe you need!
You can find other Vans shoe size chart for Skateboard in this post
DC Shoe Size Chart For Men
It is essential to know your size to select the right shoes for you. The shoe size chart below is a guide to help you determine your approximate shoe size. For men, shoe sizes are typically equivalent to US dress shoe sizes; however, this conversion isn’t always perfect due to the disparity in widths between brands or feet.
Please note that these are approximate conversion guidelines; if you fall between two sizes on the chart, we recommend ordering the larger of the two. Please use this guide to determine your best fit with any DC footwear item only, not any other apparel product.
DC Shoe Size Chart For Women
DC Shoes provides shoes for women as well. Choosing the right shoe size isn’t just about your foot size. Your height, feet width, and shoe style all come into play when picking out a fashionable and comfortable pair of shoes. The general guideline for figuring out what shoe size you wear is to use the metric system.
For even better accuracy, consider going to an actual shoe store and have them measure your foot length or width in centimeters or inches to ensure that they match the measurements they give on the shoes they sell.
DC Shoe Size Chart For Kids and Toddlers
The DC shoe size chart for kids categorizes children’s shoe sizes between toddlers and kids from 4 to 16 years old. This would seem to correlate with other international sizing systems as well.
But there are still some important factors to consider when picking out shoes for your child. Your child’s shoe size should fit comfortably without being too tight or loose and offer plenty of space in the toe box. The size of a child’s foot can also vary depending on their age; since infants increase, once your child turns three years old, it is suggested that you buy shoes one size larger than their typical size.
4 – 16 years old
Design Elements And Meaning Of The DC Logo
When customers think of a particular brand, the logo, in addition to the business’s name, is an enduring emblem in their minds. Behind every logo, there are specific meanings. Each famous sports shoe brand has its logo that customers can distinguish just by looking at which brand the product belongs to. Behind the logos of famous shoe brands have their own meaningful stories. However, have you ever wondered why the manufacturer decided to choose that symbol for the brand?
The shape of the DC logo design
The DC logo design is one of the most famous and recognizable symbols in the footwear industry because it played a crucial role in the company’s tremendous success later on. The DC brand logo design template consists of a stylized design with the company’s name, with the letters “D” and “C” artfully interwoven. The letter “C” contains a small star that means that DC is proud to be a famous company with an extensive brand worldwide and a high consumer base.
Colors of the DC logo design template
The color white in the DC logo design represents the brand’s grace and sophistication, while the color black represents the brand’s superiority and distinction.
How To Choose The DC Skateboard Shoes?
An excellent new pair of skate shoes can best protect your feet when you skateboard. Many techniques harm the feet in skateboarding, so choosing the right skateboard shoes for you is essential. Choosing skate shoes has a lot to do with how you skate and your skating style, so you need to know which skate shoes are the best fit and which is the best type you need.
Learn about your skateboarding style
Here are some pretty popular skateboarding styles, based on which you can know which skate shoe is best for you.
- One of the most basic skateboarding techniques is Ollie – Jumping board or Kick Flip. These techniques are performed primarily on the ground or above; skaters must choose skate shoes that require a high elastic or thick insole or sole to protect the foot, especially the heel.
- Another skate technique is Grind or Slide; these techniques are usually performed on square ledges or long square or round railings. For these skateboarding techniques, it would help if you chose skate shoes that hug your feet as closely as possible.
Choose skates that match your skate style
As you learn more about skate styles, you’ll be able to choose the right skate shoe from a variety of skates of different styles and functions.
- There are two main types of skate shoes: One that protects your foot against most of the impact (Cupsole) and another that helps you control the board more easily (Vulcanized).
- Vulcanized skates are thin and quite similar to the usual ones. They are thinner, lighter, and flexible. Skateboarding shoes give you better mobility, and a board feels.
- Choosing Cupsole skates with a softer sole will suit skaters who like to jump from above or perform aerial skateboarding techniques.
Choose skate shoes with the right sole
Learning about the cushion or the insole is extremely important in choosing skateboard shoes.
- Most skate shoes have insoles made from lightweight EVA foam that can help reduce the impact on the feet.
- The insole is made from PU foam, which has a longer life if you want to choose a skateboard with high durability.
- Some skate shoes have dual cushioning. Vulcanized skates also often have an extra layer of heel cushioning.
- Many skate shoes have a high collar that helps to increase stability around the heel and to prevent the shoe from slipping off while skateboarding.
Durability varies depending on the type of skate shoe
You’ll want to choose skates with these features:
- Shoelace protection will help prevent skateboarding from tearing your shoelaces.
- The upper part of skateboard shoes has added a layer of material to increase the shoe’s durability by wear and tear due to contact with the rough surface of the skateboard. (eg: Etnies Marana, Nike Stefan Janoski XT,…)
- An important area of contact between the skateboard shoe and the skateboard is the outsole. Skate shoes with gum soles are their footwear of choice. Gum soles outperform other famous skate soles in terms of friction and durability.
Find more Asics shoe size chart in here
Are DC Shoes only suitable for skating?
Skateboarding, rollerblading, wearing them on the street, and other types of athletic endeavors are some of the possible applications for DC shoes. DC Shoes are constructed to withstand various sports, requiring high-quality, comfortable footwear.
Are DC Shoes suitable for people with wide feet?
There are pairs of footwear available from well-known companies such as Vans, DC Shoes, New Balance, and Nike that are created expressly to accommodate more extensive feet. In addition, every one of them possesses footwear optimized for skateboarding. The combination of these two factors results in the compilation of this list, which presents the top skate shoes for wide feet in 2021.
Should I order a size smaller while purchasing DC Shoes?
The UK and US sizing of DC products are accurate, ensuring a comfortable fit right out of the box. It is not necessary to get a larger or smaller size.
Do DC boots provide comfort?
The simple response to this question is an unequivocal yes. The footwear produced by DC offers the highest possible comfort, stability, and longevity. You should consider getting some DC boots if you want a pair of shoes that will enable you to give your absolute most acceptable performance whenever you wear them.