Darco is a multinational corporation, a global leader in orthopedic cast boots, walkers, post-op shoes, and off-loading boots. A whole line of footwear is available from DARCO that is specially made to reduce plantar pressure following surgery, as well as in situations when wounds or diabetic foot ulcers are present.
Because of its extensive experience, Darco has developed into a specialist in treating diabetes and wounds. For more than 25 years, they have stood for cutting-edge goods. Therefore owning a pair of Darco shoes can be essential. To discover the shoes that suit you the best, it would be preferable to have a shoe size chart. Our goal is to assist you.
Darco Shoe Size Chart For Men
To own a pair of shoes that fit your feet and bring comfort when moving, in addition to choosing a brand, the correct shoe size is the most necessary. A well-fitting shoe will help you move more easily and comfortably. But how to choose the right shoe size? Let’s refer to the Darco shoe size chart for men and how to choose the most suitable shoe size below this article!
Darco Shoe Size Chart For Women
Before buying women’s shoes, she first needs to know how to choose the right shoe size for her foot. You must therefore know the size of your feet to determine your typical women’s shoe size. The way to accurately choose the size of your feet is to measure the size and then compare it with the Darco shoe size chart to choose the correct shoe size.
Darco Shoe Size Chart For Kids
Because the design is relatively different from sandals and children’s shoes, Darco children’s shoes are used a separate size chart, different from the usual size chart. Based on the Darco children’s shoe size chart, parents can easily choose the right shoes for their baby according to the standard size of their baby’s feet. Therefore, hope this article can help parents when choosing to buy shoes for their little ones!
Darco Product Groups
Darco products are classified into the following product categories:
- Postoperative Care
- Trauma Care
- Off-loading & Wound Care
- Plantar Fasciitis Products
- Ankle Supports
- Pediatric Care
- Diagnostic Products
Darco Shoe Features and Advantages
Darco shoes are one of the great shoes that support the foot; let’s take a look at some of the features and benefits:
- In the presence of K-wires, the square toe serves as a bumper to add additional protection.
- More firm control is provided under the metatarsal heads by MetaShankTM Protection.
- The Forefoot Closure relieves the forefoot of buckle pressure and may be expanded to fit dressings up to 17 inches in circumference.
- Completely compatible with the off-loading insole PegAssistTM (PTQ Series) from DARCO.
- #5,088,481 Patent
Are Darco Shoes Good?
Darco products are easily accessible, have excellent value, and may be successfully applied to patients and/or adjusted in minutes. The prevalence of sores and ulcerations is rising along with the worldwide rise in diabetes.
In this regard, the research and development team, consisting of orthopedic technicians and product designers, is focused on creating innovative products that represent cutting-edge technology in close collaboration with top medical experts and healthcare professionals worldwide.
“One step ahead” Using the most recent production and material technology, Darco focuses on creating the most efficient orthotics for the wrist & ankle joints. Kinesiology elastic tapes and therapeutic socks are additional products offered by Darco.
Darco now manufactures Original Mecron products. Our commitment to postoperative and post-traumatic care now includes limb and body bandages and splints. The Mecron brand is well-known globally and has a reputation for comfort and quality products that are made to preserve and restore the functionality of the complete musculoskeletal system.
Choose Shoes For Diabetics
High blood sugar contributes to poor blood circulation, damaging the nerves in your feet and causing “foot nerve damage.” The patient is faced with a loss of sensation in the foot, for example, not realizing even though the leg is injured. This can lead to other serious problems.
If you have diabetes and have no history of foot ulcers or loss of sensation, a well-fitting shoe made of soft materials with a body-cushioning function may be all you need.
Features of shoes for diabetics
Shoes designed for people with diabetes. Helps distribute body weight evenly across all foot positions. Contributes to the reduction of foot-related complications.
The shoe has its characteristics, such as a round and thick toe; shoe doors are opened wider than ordinary shoes; convenient and comfortable shoe opening and closing parts (using abrasive tape, shoelaces, etc.).
Shoes are disinfected and deodorized; ensure hygiene requirements (dehumidification, ventilation, etc.).
Lightweight, low sole, etc., so it can be easily adjusted to fit the foot; Avoid injury, scratching the skin of the feet when walking.
Minimize the possibility of impact and penetration of objects into the foot. In particular, shoes will support the ankle, foot frames, soles, etc., for patients with foot ulcers, so the ulcer will heal faster.
People with diabetes, when wearing these shoes, will limit the compression and pressure on the feet, avoiding damage to the skin and blood vessels.
Choose shoes with the following characteristics.
- The heel is not high (less than 3cm) to avoid increasing pressure on the toe.
- Wide and deep at the toe because if you wear pointed shoes, the toes will be pressed together, prone to ulcers, especially for people with neurological complications and loss of sensation in the tips of the toes.
- Should choose a round nose; an open nose will help you feel comfortable and avoid injuries to your toes.
- Soft material, limited edges, smooth inside to avoid scratching feet.
- Smooth inner lining.
- Tie a strap or tape to hug and hold the foot.
- Choose a simple design, convenient tear-down straps, and adjustable width, tight to hug your foot.
- The sole is soft and has good elasticity. Anti-shock and anti-slip when using.
People with diabetes need more attention. That concern is sometimes simply choosing the right shoes. This improves their health and helps them live happily every day.
Trying on shoes is also important for diabetics
- Measure both feet because some diabetics have foot complications or deformities, so the two feet may differ in size.
- Standing and trying on shoes will make you feel looser or tight more accurately.
- Before trying on shoes, check for scratches or remaining objects in the shoes, and if necessary, remove or smooth them to avoid causing foot ulcers.
- Wear shoes slowly and never wear new shoes all day. When wearing new shoes, especially leather shoes, the risk of foot ulcers is quite high. Many people with diabetes have neurological complications that result in losing this sensation.
Choose the right socks.
- Wool or cotton wicks away sweat better than nylon socks.
- Less elastic, stretchy.
- Padded socks (cotton).
- The toe is not tight.
- The seam is not rough or seamless, and the inside is smooth. Some people with peripheral neuropathy will be very uncomfortable touching these areas.
- Do not wear knee-high socks.
Preservation and use of shoes for diabetics
- Wash with water or mild detergent
- Dry the product in a cool place, away from direct sunlight or high temperature.
- Regularly clean and disinfect shoes to ensure that diabetics have the best environment for their feet.
- Should have a spare pair of shoes. Have at least two diabetic footwear products to use. One pair for indoors and one pair for going out.
Who is the creator of the Darco shoe?
Darco’s founder, H. Darrel Darby. The first postoperative shoe to use running shoe construction and materials. is the current top option for foot and ankle surgeons.
Why use a Darco shoe?
The DARCO MedSurg Shoe comfortably fits large bandages while offering the foot robust protection. It has a square-toe shape to give the toes additional protection. The meta shank pattern on the sole gives the metatarsal area stability when walking.
How is Darco material defined?
Since 1990, DARCO has been the brand most associated with materials for RV Bottom Boards. The DARCO FloorBrace is a modern under-siding that is smoother, more aesthetically pleasing, and more durable than galvanized steel or plain cloth. It is also developed to speed up production.
What are diabetic shoes?
Diabetic shoes are a line of footwear specializing in protecting and caring for diabetic feet. With a special design, specialized footwear has been recommended by many doctors. These products optimally support the foot’s movement, limiting the impact and injury to the foot, thereby achieving the best protection effect.
How should I care for my Darco shoes?
- Use warm, soapy water and a moist brush or cloth to clean.
- Permit to dry.
- Likewise, for the insoles inside.