Your boots are your prized possessions from the moment you wear them for the first time. They’re what keeps your feet warm, dry, and out of harm’s way. They’re worth taking care of like any other piece in your wardrobe that costs a pretty penny. The longevity of these boots depends on how well they’re cared for, and thankfully, it doesn’t take much to get them into top shape! In this article, we’ll be walking you through some tips on how to maintain your leather boots at home.
1. Leather Honey Leather Conditioner
- Deeply moisturizes and emollient, quickly penetrates into the leather to soften, hydrate, condition, and protect.
- Restore old boots or shoes back to life just like new in minutes.
- Expedites drying time.
- Dries to a natural shine that is not greasy or oily, no film forms on footwear.
- Absorbs instantly into leather fibers with no greasy residue left behind & will not build up over time, safe for all colorfast leathers.
The fruit extract of honey and beeswax in a formula that quickly penetrates into the leather to soften, emollient, condition, and protects. Honey is a natural moisturizer originating from the nectar of flowers; beeswax meanwhile protects the leather fibers by repelling water, preserving its structure and condition without drying out the leather. The beeswax is easily removed with warm water, while the honey keeps your boots supple & soft for years to come with use.
|Item Weight||7.8 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||5.91 x 2.76 x 1.18 inches|
- Easy to use
- Will keep your boot in great shape
- Built like a cream, goes on like a lotion.
- The more you use it, the longer it will protect your boots.
- It is a bit pricey for the amount you get. Be sure to research specials that may be running, as well as discounts for buying two or more.
2. Saphir Medaille d’Or Renovator
- Quickly revitalizes old leather and restores its luminous sheen with a richness of color and comfort.
- Transforms once dry leather into soft, full-bodied, resilient & pliable with a handsome natural finish.
- Attracts dust, dirt, and grime away from the leather allowing it to be cleaned easily.
A non-greasy cream with a pleasant pasty consistency is applied easily to leather with soft leather. The formula contains beeswax and a vegetable polish (slip agent made from waxes of plants), which leave the leather feeling smooth and protected.
This product is a 100% vegan formula that also provides soft hands for handling delicate items. This product is perfect for use on shoes, handbags, any fine leather articles, or even as a body moisturizer.
Renovator is a leather cream that revitalizes old leather and restores its luminous sheen while conditioning the leather to make it softer, fuller-bodied, and resilient with a handsome natural finish.
|Package Dimensions||5.67 x 3.62 x 2.95 inches; 4.8 Ounces|
|Manufacturer||SAPHIR BEAUTÉ DU CUIR|
- All-natural ingredients that are vegan-friendly.
- Renews leather.
- No white residue left behind: darkens & waterproofs leather.
- Easy to apply, dries quickly.
- A strong, pungent, oily/creosote-like smell.
3. Huberd’s Shoe Grease
- Helps waterproof, preserve and protect the leather, even if wet. Keeps leather soft and flexible.
- Highly recommended by shoe repair shops, lasts longer than greases made in China.
A rich emollient with a soft melting texture that protects the leather to prevent hardening & cracking. It prevents the natural aging and hardening of leather by keeping moisture in a while, preventing moisture loss to prevent cracking. This 100% pure white grease keeps hands soft and supple it is easily removed with warm water and soap.
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 2.5 inches|
|Item Weight||7.5 ounces|
- Creamy and easy to use.
- Dries to a resistant finish making it perfect for high-traffic areas.
- Restores flexibility to leather and does not harden.
- Contains no preservatives or harsh chemicals. It is for sure that the product should be replaced with one that contains an additional ingredient.
- Smells very strongly of grease when applied on stiff leathers.
4. Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Kit
- Specially formulated for use by professional leather cleaners.
- Contains tough conditions cleansers, deodorizers, and penetrants that give deep cleaning for all colorfast leathers.
- Proven effectiveness on grease, dirt, and grime from shoes, handbags, boots, and jackets.
A professional cleaner specially formulated for use by professional leather cleaners. This kit is designed to clean any type of footwear or bags with a gentle yet effective combination of tough conditions cleansers, deodorizers and penetrants.
|Model||Lexol Leather Cleaner and Conditioner Kit, 16.9 oz|
|Item Weight||2.79 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||6.42 x 3.23 x 8.8 inches|
|Country of Origin||USA|
- The leather cleaner is non-grease and non-oily, allowing a safe and effective cleaning of different types of leather.
- Safe and effective cleaning of any colorfast leather.
- Works in a deep clean fashion like a dry cleaner. It deep cleans without leaving residues on the leather.
- The only disadvantage would be that the liquid is not safe for those allergic to grease and oils.
5. Bick 4 Leather Conditioner
- Leather Bick 4 is specially formulated with an advanced pH balancing system to gently clean and protect both bonded and un-bonded leather.
- Leather Bick 4 leaves a rich, durable “hand,” giving the leather a natural, polished look and feel.
- It contains no silicone or water, so no misting or streaking occurs.
- Leather Bick 4 will not change the appearance of your leather by turning it white or honey brown – as can happen with some other products.
Leather Bick 4 is a pH-balanced leather conditioner with a rich, durable “hand,” giving the leather a natural, polished look and feel. It contains no silicone or water, so no misting or streaking occurs. Leather Bick 4 will not change the appearance of your leather by turning it white or honey brown – as can happen with other products.
|Manufacturer||Weaver Leather, LLC|
|Item Weight||1 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||2.5 x 2.5 x 8.5 inches|
|Special Features||Made In America|
- Easy to use; just spray on and wipe off.
- It protects against water, dirt, and detergent when used as a cleaning cream.
- Dries to a natural shine that will not build up over time.
- Leaves a rich, durable “hand” that is not greasy or oily.
- When used as a cleaner, it may cause darkening or change the color of certain leathers/colors depending on its condition when you use it.
6. GRIFFIN Western Leather Conditioner
- Fast-acting leather conditioner for aging, hardworking leather boots.
- Leather conditioner penetrates leather fibers instantly and creates a barrier against moisture.
- Keeps water out and prevents premature aging.
- Leaves a rich, matte finish that is not greasy or oily: no film forms on footwear.
- Absorbs completely into leather fibers with no greasy residue left behind after buffing: safe for all colorfast leathers.
This rich liquid formula penetrates boots in minutes, forming a protective coating that allows the leather to breathe while it shines beautifully. Leather conditioners help prevent water and moisture from penetrating the leather and leaving your boots feeling stiff, dry, and tacky. The liquid formula dries to a natural finish that is not greasy or oily: no film forms on footwear.
|Product Dimensions||1.5 x 2.75 x 5.75 inches; 10.41 Ounces|
|Item model number|| western1|
- Prevents cracking and cracking.
- Protects the leather from UV damage and fading.
- Improves the appearance of leather.
- Prevents water stains.
- In some cases may not cure the “genuine crepe” issue with some boots. If a top grain leather is treated correctly, it will no longer crack or soften.
7. Fiebing’s Saddle Soap
- Expertly formulated to clean, brighten, and condition leather as well as vinyl and rubber.
- Can be used to clean and preserve leather furniture.
- Has a thick consistency that allows it to stay on the leather longer to thoroughly penetrate the pores.
- Contains no harmful chemicals or detergents.
Saddle Soap cleans, shines, preserves, and protects virtually all-natural and synthetic (non-plastic) leathers for a soft, lustrous sheen. Leather Craft Saddle Soap is the secret to keeping leather like new.
|Item Package Dimensions L x W x H||4.8 x 4.6 x 4.4 inches|
|Package Weight||0.5 Kilograms|
- Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties. The oil also helps maintain the pH level of the skin by decreasing water flow and keeping the skin moisturized.
- There is no need to apply a conditioner. Application is as simple as applying it to your feet, putting on your work boots, waiting a minute for the product to soak in, then wiping it off with a moist towel.
- Not all colorfast leathers can handle saddle soaps. Leather that is treated with chemicals or has been scuffed will not allow saddle soap to penetrate the pores. Therefore you may have to use a slightly different product on your boots or shoes.
8. Cobbler’s Choice Leather Cream
- Completely waterproofs and will not crack, chip or peel.
- No petroleum, silicone, or mineral oils.
- It also is available in a convenient one fl oz. size.
Will not crack, chip or peel. Long-lasting barrier protection against water. Natural oils penetrate the leather fibers to moisturize and soften without leaving a greasy residue behind. Contains no petroleum silicones or mineral oils. A thick formula that absorbs into the leather, leaving a smooth finish that provides long-lasting protection against water.
|Package Dimensions||2.36 x 2.32 x 0.75 inches; 2.4 Ounces|
|Manufacturer||Cobbler’s Choice Co.|
- The leather will have a better grip than the neatsfoot oil because it contains less fat.
- The leather will be hydrated and protected for a longer period of time than with the neatsfoot oil.
- Will not leave greasy, oily residue like other products that contain silicones and mineral oils.
- The leather will look great without any shine or extra luster because its ingredients are natural, unlike other products that contain chemical fillers and dyes to achieve slick, inexpensive looking results.
- Good value for money even if used sparingly.
- It is more difficult to remove than neatsfoot oil.
9. Cadillac Boot and Shoe Leather Lotion
- Lightweight conditioner for all styles of leather.
- Emulsified to moisturize and condition naturally in just one application.
- Moisturizes and softens leather for a beautiful shine without build-up.
A light, non-greasy conditioner that moisturizes, conditions, and shines all types of leather. Easy to apply on even the most fly boots and shoes. Naturally safe, the non-greasy formula won’t build up over time.
|Item Weight||9 ounces|
|Package Dimensions||6.65 x 1.89 x 1.81 inches|
- The natural honey & beeswax combination nourishes, softens, and shines each pair of boots and shoes.
- Dries to a natural shine that is not greasy or oily: no film forms on footwear.
- Non-sticky formula absorbs into leather fibers with no greasy residue left behind & will not build up over time: safe for all colorfast leathers.
- Family-sized tube will last for many years.
- Easy to use: apply on boots and shoes after cleaning.
- Safe for all colors of leather.
- Natural fragrance of wax is not for everyone.